1/2 cup Dr.G processed quinoa (approx.60 gm), one and a half cup water, one and a half tsp. E.V olive oil, ¼ tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp urad dal, ½ tsp chopped ginger (optional), 1 spring curry
leaves, 1 green chilli slit, ½ to ¾ cup chopped mixed vegetable (onion, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, peas, beans, capsicum), salts as needed.
Prep time: 15 mins cooking time: 15-20 mins
How to use: Make upma, kheer, boiled (instead of rice) or as daliya
- Pressure cooker soaks quinoa up to 2 whistles on medium flame. Strain it to discard extra water. Quinoa looks transparent once they are completely cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger paste, chopped veggies, and fry it for 2-3 minutes until they get soft.
- Add boiled quinoa, salt and green coriander and mix it well.
- Add lemon juice to it and put it on low flame 2-3min.
- Take out in a bowl and garnish coriander leaves over it.
- Enjoy protein and fiber-rich quinoa upma with chutney or curd in breakfast or lunch or dinner as per your preference.
**Boiled quinoa can be enjoyed as a good replacement over rice.